10 Things You Don’t Know About Me
This post was so much fun to write! I was asked to participate in a blog hop as a way to get to know some other bloggers and this was one of the suggested topics. I will admit it was a little difficult to write at first…I had writers block, but once the ideas started flowing I could have made a list of 20 or 30 things you don’t know about me.
I hope you will visit the other bloggers listed at the bottom of this post!
1. I love all kinds of puzzles, except crosswords. I’m a huge fan of jigsaw puzzles, sudoku, word searches and brain teasers. The more challenging, the better. I really dislike crosswords puzzles though. I was never very good at spelling and vocabulary in school and that’s probably why.
2. I haven’t been to a movie theater in over 12 years. Before we had children, my husband and I would go to the movie theater regularly, but since having children, we haven’t gone once. Honestly, I don’t miss it! We have an occasional date night, but we’d much rather go out to dinner and have an uninterrupted conversation, rather than sit a crowded theater and not be able to talk to each other.
3. My feet have grown a full shoe size over the course of my 5 pregnancies. Sad, but true. Shoes that I used to wear, before having children no longer fit! On the bright side, I have an excuse to buy new shoes that my husband can’t argue with. 🙂 Please tell me I’m not the only one this has happened to!
4. I love to garden, but I have a two brown thumbs. Every year I plant a vegetable garden and every year I barely harvest anything. No matter what I do, the plants only grow 1 or 2 oddly shaped vegetables or they don’t survive at all. I’m not sure what I do wrong, but I’m going to try again this year! Wish me luck!
5. I went to my first concert with my sister, my mother, two of my cousins and my aunt. We went to see Huey Lewis and the News. It was the 80s, what can I say?
6. Math was my favorite subject in school. Math always came easy to me and I still love numbers! One of the things I love about math is that there is always a right answer. 2 + 2 always equals 4. (Although with today’s Common Core math, that might not be true anymore. Can you tell I’m not a fan?)
7. My favorite ice cream flavor is maple walnut. No one else in my family likes maple walnut so I don’t buy it, but when we go out for ice cream it’s usually what I order. I love the maple flavor and the crunch of the walnuts. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
8. I stopped drinking coffee seven weeks ago. I’m still nursing our youngest daughter and she was have quite a bit of stomach trouble. I suspected that dairy products were the cause. Once she and I both stopped eating dairy, her symptoms subsided. I really don’t like black coffee, so I stopped drinking it and switched to chai tea. I’m surprised that I don’t really miss it.
9. My favorite food is pizza. I love all kinds of pizza: thin crust, deep dish, cheese, pepperoni, chicken and broccoli with white sauce and my latest favorite, bacon cheeseburger. Sadly, I haven’t had any pizza in seven weeks either.
10. I love rollercoasters. I’ve always loved rollercoasters and I still find them to be the most thrilling ride at amusement parks, but my mommy brain sees my life flash before my eyes as I go up the big hill praying that nothing goes wrong with the ride.
I’m off to check out these bloggers! Please check them out too!
A Cotton Kandi Life – Freebie! 7 Online Money Makers for WAHM
You Are My Son Shine – Freebie! Home Emergency Checklist
Easy On The Tongue – Freebie! Nursery Printable
I’d love for you to share something that I don’t know about you in the comments!by